<  Dreams & Nightmares  ~  Endless stairs of darkness

Redstone
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:28 am Reply with quote
Society Member Society Member
This dream happened quite a few times.

I opened my eyes and find myself in a huge square, neverending-ly high room. Or you can say its a stairwell with a huge void in the centre.
I'll be standing on a flight of stairs which encircle the inside of the room. I won't be at the top of the bottom, but somewhere in the middle.

Description:
I can't see the bottom or the top of the stairs / room. It would be pure darkness. But strangely the area around where I'm standing would be dimly lit. The stairwell is grey, very coarse texture, like concrete, and there's no railing on the side. So I could fall down the void any time. Disbelief

Scene:
I'll "open my eyes" and find myself on one flight of stairs or sometimes the corner, where there are landings. I'll always be startled, and many times I nearly fell down the void. I'll begin to climb and climb... but the stairs get longer and longer... I'll get very tired, very sad, depressed, but I still keep climbing. At times I'll squat down, cry and continue a while later.

Sometimes, a step would suddenly disintegrate below my feet and I'll fall down the void. Sometimes, I'll slip and fall down the void. Whenever I "fell", I would always jolt myself awake in real life.

I would always be alone in the darkness, but in one dream i remember seeing a figure on the stairs, but can't remember much.

I'll climb, but I never reached the top before.

Last edited by Redstone on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

http://redstonean.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Redstone
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:32 am Reply with quote
Society Member Society Member
Curiously, I have another version of the endless stairs..

I'll be trapped inside a building, maze-like, neverending. Always searching for something / someone. A friend, or an object, or rushing to get somewhere. I'll run out of a corridor and find myself in a huge atrium with stairs running around the 4 walls. This time the whole place is very brightly lit. The "atrium" would have floors, and not blank walls. I'll run down this stairs or up, and continue my mad adventure.

http://redstonean.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger