<  Dreams & Nightmares  ~  Lost in a building

Redstone
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:13 am Reply with quote
Society Member Society Member
Somehow my dreams are getting more and more building-themed.

Many times my dreams involve getting lost in a building, either searching for a person, lookin for an object or rushing somewhere. The places look different everytime. Some are white, square... some are blue, curved and contorted, some have very colourful walls with mosaics and rainbow coloured windows.

In the latest dream, I dreamt I was trying to rush to somewhere, running inside a huge place, with long corridors, with lots of doors. Didn't have time to open the doors just kept running... Then suddenly I ran into a huge room, and there's a small... err.. recess at the far end of the wall, and it ended up to be an area where rubbish carts are put. Eek Confused

I ran thru the dirty area and out of a small door... there outside, is a row of planter boxes... 4 or 5 people were squatting there wearing PCK- style outfits (boots, not yellow, formal shirt with hard hat). There were all digging for something there, for what I forgot... so I joined their digging, and I dug out something which I forgot.

Other dreams involve running up and down endless stairs... running up a flight, running across a huge hallway with huge nice arches, down another flight, across another hallway, up another, etc... some of the halls are full or people, but most are empty. Some have lots of people joining me climbing the stairs...

Some of the dreams involve a very surreal, Alice in Wonderland-like setting. A huge building, with lots of holes, and I can defy gravity! I can stand on walls, walk on ceilings, climb out of very small places, etc... Looks like Antoni Gaudi's nightmare http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_Gaud%C3%AD

http://redstonean.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MJChow
Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:46 am Reply with quote
Elite Member Elite Member
Are you "terribly" stressed by rushing place to place to meet some time schedule recently ? Eek

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quote
It happened again.

This time I dreamt I needed to get from one side of a town to the other, was with a female friend (stranger in real life).

The townscape is quite surreal, like those European old towns, wall to wall houses, winding maze like roads... We would walk and run, sometimes reach a cul-de-sac, and have to u-turn, sometimes reaching a dead end, etc.... Had quite a time exploring this "town"... and I never found or knew what I was looking for

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Redstone
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 am Reply with quote
Again another lost in a building dream.

This time I was playing hide and seek with a true-life close female friend. Disbelief
The dreams starts with me being in what looks like a huge room of an abandoned building. Simple rooms, with yellowish brown walls, peeling paint, old style windows, lights, etc.

The 2 of us were running around trying to catch each other... and this "world" suddenly changed. Same thing, running thru a maze of endless rooms, all with the same dilapidated feel. Like an old run-down warehouse or factory. The walls would sometimes flip around, to become the new floor and sometimes we'll fly thru some rooms. Then, we end up falling (or jumping?) accidently out one of the windows onto a balcony below, overlooking a huge forest.

In the middle of the balcony there was a giant rocking thing, like a rocking horse or a mech bull ride. We fell onto it and were flug off and the next thing I know I found a room with her personal stuff, decked out like a bedroom (never been to her house before fyi).. Confused

One of the weirder dreams I had and the only "lost" dream with an ending