<  Dreams & Nightmares  ~  The same dog....

MJChow
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quote
Elite Member Elite Member
I was driving back home from my work last night. And upon turning a corner along a quiet road near to Ubi, a black & white stray dog appeared from nowhere and dashed across the road right in front of my car. Disbelief I managed to brake in time and missed that fellow by centimetres ! Disbelief Thanks to my newly-changed Michellin tyres. Giggle Razz

Now the interesting part here..... Smile
The same dog appeared in my dream the very night. And this time ( in the dream ), I was walking towards my car in a carpark, and that fellow was waiting just beside the driver seat door like as if it was waiting for the master. Wink But instead, when I approached the door, that fellow suddenly attacked me and bit me on my hand. At this point of time, there was another black dog ( bigger in size like a wolf ) nearby watching. In a split of secs, both dogs again disappeared into nowhere. That's where I woke up ! Eek

Anyone like to give some opinion ? Haha... Laughing

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Beginner User Beginner User
hi luv... in psychological context, dreams are images resulting from random electrical activity in the brain as it “housecleans” itself during the night. this may come from, reveals something about your current psychological experience - your close encounter of the doggie earlier in the evening and perhaps in the midst of that state, unconsciously, you may be wondering if it was something paranormal happening - nightmares often accompany and are depiction of events that happened.

personally, i always believe there is meaning behind every dream. they could be unconscious advice with valuable hints about how to improve our lives Smile
PrincessTanTan
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Senior Member Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2007 Posts: 11162 Location: Between Fantasy & Reality
Perhaps you have helped somebody and in return that somebody, instead of appreciating your help, bit your hand instead? Razz

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
PrincessTanTan wrote:
Perhaps you have helped somebody and in return that somebody, instead of appreciating your help, bit your hand instead? Razz
That someone is a dog ?? Eek Confused Hmm...I wonder.. Confused

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
kristi wrote:
....personally, i always believe there is meaning behind every dream. they could be unconscious advice with valuable hints about how to improve our lives Smile

Mmm...that's sounds interesting indeed as there are so many lovely people living around me. Love

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote
When I dream of dogs and snakes last time, my grandmum asks me for numbers. >_<

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:12 am Reply with quote
sunkiss wrote:
When I dream of dogs and snakes last time, my grandmum asks me for numbers. >_<

Er...no one approach me yet. Heheee.... Giggle Razz

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:58 am Reply with quote
Society Member Society Member
it's a dog eat dog world!

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
Diana wrote:
it's a dog eat dog world!

This sounds like a riddle to me. Confused *confused look*

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote
MJChow wrote:
PrincessTanTan wrote:
That someone is a dog ?? Eek Confused Hmm...I wonder.. Confused

No...just a metaphor Shifty

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Just to sidetrack. 2 nights back, my neighbour locked her Pinscher out because she wanted to punish it for not following her instructions. The poor pooch howled and howled and it woke my family up..the time then was 5:40am Shifty

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Beginner User Beginner User
MJChow wrote:
kristi wrote:
....personally, i always believe there is meaning behind every dream. they could be unconscious advice with valuable hints about how to improve our lives Smile

Mmm...that's sounds interesting indeed as there are so many lovely people living around me. Love

Smile yes, i can 'feel' the homely family atmosphere in this forum... not only you are "Mr President", you are a "Godfather" as well... Laughing
MJChow
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote
kristi wrote:
MJChow wrote:

Smile yes, i can 'feel' the homely family atmosphere in this forum... not only you are "Mr President", you are a "Godfather" as well... Laughing

Well, perhaps I should amend the sentence as "....many lovely people living around me in this forum." so as to include you as well. Boogie

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 23 May 2007 Posts: 3107 Location: Capricorn Sun? Aries Moon? Leo Rising? WTF...
MJ, I believe the stray dog won't blame you for that close encounter. Let go of the fear that it will come back for 'revenge'.

As an amateur (& confirmed nutjob) assumption : the attacking dog represents your fear that the dog might come back for you, the bigger black dog may represents your maternal instinct, that you might subconsciously assumed the stray dog may be just a little child, with the parental black dog calling it back home.

Don't worry, be happy Boogie

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
ah_toh wrote:
As an amateur (& confirmed nutjob) assumption : the attacking dog represents your fear that the dog might come back for you, the bigger black dog may represents your maternal instinct, that you might subconsciously assumed the stray dog may be just a little child, with the parental black dog calling it back home.

Wow...I like your assumption, Toh. Lovely indeed. Boogie In fact, I did not mention in my story about a small little incident I had on the expressway before I reach this "place-of-occurence". Razz That is I was fuming at one Trajet MPV in front of me. Angry That vehicle was intentionally slow and consistently braking in front of me ( guess that fellow at the wheel must be using a mobile phone at that moment Angry ). Guess what ? I took an opportunity and overtook him, followed by a 'complimentary' horn at him before I dashed off. Razz